PayPal Pro: How do I set up my shopping cart to accept payments PayPal Pro?
1. Log into your PayPal Business account. Then select to upgrade to Paypal Pro from within your account.
2. Click the Profile Tab, then from the Profile page click the "Request API Credentials" link: see below.
3. On the "Request API credentials" page, click the "Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions" link: see below.
4. On the "PayPal API credentials and permissions" page, select "Request API Credentials" (See below).
5. On the following screen, select the radion button titled "
6. The next page will show you yourand "API Password".
– Select and copy the "API Username" then paste this into the "API Username" field on the shop/owner Checkout Type page.
-Now select and copy the "API Password" then paste this into the API Password field on the shop/owner Checkout Type page.
– On the shop/owner Checkout Type page, in the "Email Address" field type in your the email used for logging in to the paypal.com
Back at the paypal.com site, click the Download button. It will prompt you to download the certificate (see below).
7. Once you have downloaded the API Certificate to your computer, then from the shop/owner control panel, use the Browse/Select File button to the right of the "Add Paypal Payment Pro API Certificate" field to select it from your computer’s hard drive.
8. Now further down the Checkout Type page click the "Save All Changes" button to save these values.
9. After completing this step switch back to the Paypal.com site and click the "Back To Profile Summary" link at the upper right of the page. And again click on the Request API Credentials link (See below).
10. Then click the Set up PayPal API credentials and permissions link again (see below).
11. From that page then click "Add or edit API Permissions" (see below).
12. On the next screen below, highlight with your mouse, and copy your certificate name. Then click the Add New Permission button.
13. On the permissions page, paste in your "API Username" (not the xxxxx from the example below), grant it all 4 permissions, and click Submit.
14. Now test your shopping cart by placing an order with your credit card or by testing it with another Paypal email address (it will not let you pay yourself using your own Paypal email address)